Dreaming of a winter getaway? Mr & Mrs Smith can make that dream come true. And, for one lucky All the Best reader, Mr & Mrs Smith is giving away a $100 gift card that can be used towards booking any hotel in the Smith Collection. Plus they are also giving away a Mr & Mrs Smith Travel Guidebook of your choice.
So what do you do for a chance to win? Simply visit the Mr & Mrs Smith website and leave a comment on All the Best Blog (below) telling us which hotel from their collection you love and why.
Amantaka Hotel - Luang Prabang, Laos
Every boutique hotel in the Smith collection has to be…
• Unique, insider and destination-specific. A Smith hotel can’t feel like an anonymous, could-be-anywhere shell, and needs to have a special atmosphere that suggests intimacy, regardless of the hotel’s scale.
Hacienda Uayamon Hotel – Yucatán, Mexico
• Stylish and idiosyncratic. The hotel decor should be inspiring, design-led and gimmick-free. It should be fashionable, but not ‘funky/outlandish’; sleek but not sparse; trend-aware but not trying too hard; glamorous but not garish.
Borgo Santo Pietro Hotel – Tuscany, Italy
• Unfussy, informal and welcoming. Even the five-star hotels in their collection must feel relaxed, rather than stuffy or intimidating.
Fasano Rio Hotel – Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
• Friendly, personal and discreet. Service shouldn’t be about the kind of bowing and scraping that makes you feel uncomfortable. There should be lots of attention to detail, which will make the experience out of the ordinary.
Soho Beach House - Miami Beach, Florida
• Value for money. You will always get the best room rates available. AND, if a hotel charges a high price for a room, Mr & Mrs Smith will make sure it’s really worth it.
The Necessary Verbiage: Contest closes on December 24, 2011 (11:59 pm PST). One reader will be selected at random by a third-party and announced on All the Best Blog on December 28, 2011. Good Luck!